Does it matter if you make a mistake on your resume? It does.In fact, the quickest way to get screened out as an applicant is to submit a seriously flawed resume.
Top 5 Resume Mistakes
1. Misspellings and grammatical errors are resume killers. Spell check then proofread by placing a finger on each word and then have your document reviewed by a career coach or a friend or family member.
grammatical error 语法错误
proofread v. 校对
2. Not including keywords that match the job posting. Your resume should include the same keywords that appear in the job listing.If your resume doesn't have the right keywords, it most likely won't get noticed because you won't appear to be a fit for the job.
3. Including too much information. Don't tell your readers everything about each job. Focus on the highlights; keep your document to 1 - 2 pages.Use formatting techniques like bullets and short paragraphs to enhance readability（易读性）.
highlight n. 重要的事情，精彩的部分
formatting technique 排版技巧
bullet n. 着重号
4. Including a career summary that doesn't match the job requirements. Don't use a mismatched summary of qualifications at the top of your resume. Your key skills in the summary should match many of the job requirements or else leave it off.
career summary 工作经历摘要
mismatched adj. 不匹配的
leave it off 丢掉
5. Being too modest. Share any awards or recognition you have received in a matter-of-fact manner i.e. "Promoted to associate director(副总监) after increasing annual donations by 25%."
matter-of-fact adj. 实事求是的