【经典瞬间】We belong to nobody and nobody belongs to us.Wedon't even belong to each other.
霍莉从监狱出来,当听保罗读了荷西留给她的讯息,讲到出于地位和名望考虑,将和她断绝关系时,气愤而伤心:
I'll tell you what you do for me darling.When you get back to town call up the New York Times or whoever you call. Mailme a list of the 50 richest men inBrazil... The 50 richest!
霍莉:你去找纽约时报,替我把巴西50名富翁的名单找来,是50名最富有的。
Holy, I'm not going to let you do this.
保罗:霍莉,我不让你这么做。
You're not going to let me?
霍莉:你不让我?
Holly, I'm in love with you.
保罗:霍莉,我爱你。
So what?
霍莉:那又如何?
So what? So plenty! I love you. You belongto me.
保罗:那又如何?我很爱你!我爱你,而你属于我。
No. People don't belong to people.
霍莉:不,谁也不属于谁。
Of course they do.
保罗:显然不是。
Nobody's going to put me in a cage.
霍莉:没有人能把我关在笼子里。
I don't wanna put you on a cage. I want tolove you!
保罗:我不想把你关进笼子,我想爱你。
It's the same thing.
霍莉:这是一回事。
No, it's not! Holly!
保罗:不,这不是,霍莉!
I'm not Holly. I'm not Lula Mae, either. Idon't know who I am!. I'm like cat here, a no-name slob. We belong to nobody,and nobody belongs to us. We don't even belong to each other.
霍莉:我不是霍莉,我也不是卢拉•梅,我不知道我是谁!我像猫咪,我们都没有名字,我们不属于任何人,任何人也不属于我们,我们甚至不属于彼此。