在诗中莎士比亚用生动的比喻来描绘爱人的眼睛整首诗揭示了爱情的奇妙之处,表达了爱人眼中的美好和力量,爱情如同一种魔力,能够让我们看到事物的美好和光彩。
My mistress' eyes are nothing like the sun我的爱人的眼睛一点不象太阳
Coral is far more red than her lips' red珊瑚比她的嘴唇还要红得多
If snow be white, why then her breasts are dun;雪若算白,她的胸就暗褐无光
If hairs be wires, black wires grow on her head.发若是铁丝,她头上铁丝婆娑
I have seen roses damask'd, red and white,我见过红白的玫瑰,轻纱一般
but no such roses see I in her cheeks;她颊上却找不到这样的玫瑰
and in some perfumes is there more delight有许多芳香非常逗引人喜欢
than in the breath that from my mistress reeks.我的爱人的呼吸并没有这香味
I love to hear her speak, yet well I know我爱听她谈话,可是我很清楚
that music hath a far more pleasing sound:音乐的悦耳远胜于她的嗓子
I grant I never saw a goddess go,我承认从没有见过女神走路
my mistress, when she walks, treads on the ground:我的爱人走路时候却脚踏实地
and yet, by heaven, I think my love is rare可是,我敢指天发誓,我的爱侣
as any she belied with false compare.胜似任何被捧作天仙的美女