John: Well, he's in a pretty bad way. He's manic.Totally convinced there's some... mutant super-dog roaming the moors. And there isn't, though, is there?
他状态很不好 很狂躁,完全坚信有条...超级变种狗在荒野游荡,不过没有这回事,对不对?
Cos if people knew how to make a mutant super-dog, we'd know. It'd be for sale. I mean, that's how it works.
如果人们在制造超级变种狗,我们肯定会知道,肯定会有的买,世道就这样。
Listen, on the moor I saw someone signalling, Morse. I guess it's Morse. It doesn't seem to make much sense.U, M, Q, R, A, does that mean anything?
听着,在荒野的时候我看见有人打信号,摩尔斯码。我猜是摩尔斯码,不过似乎说不太通,U M Q R A 有什么含义吗?
So, OK, what have we got? We know there's footprints, because Henry found them, and so did the tour guide bloke. We all heard something. Maybe we should just look for whoever's got a big dog.
那好吧,我们都掌握了什么情况,我们知道有脚印,因为亨利发现了,那个导游也发现了 我们听到了什么声音,或许我们该去找养了条大狗的人。
S: Henry's right.
Herry说得没错
J: What?
什么
S: I saw it, too.
我也看到了
J: What?
什么
S: I saw it too, John.
我也看到了,John。
J: Just... just a minute, you saw what?
等等 你看到什么了
S: A hound. Out there in the Hollow. A gigantic hound.
猎犬。就在山谷那里,一条巨大的猎犬。
J: Look, Sherlock, we have to be rational about this. OK, now you, of all people, can't just...Let's just stick to what we know, yes? Stick to the facts.
听我说 夏洛克 我们得保持理智。好了,你,你是最不该...我们关注目前了解的情况,好吗?只讲事实。
S: Once you've ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true.
一旦你排除了所有的不可能,剩下的不管多么难以置信,一定就是真相。
J: What does that mean?
这是什么意思
S: Look at me, I'm afraid, John. Afraid.
瞧瞧我,我害怕了,John,居然害怕了。
J: Sherlock.
S: I've always been able to keep myself distant. Divorce myself from feelings. But look, you see, body's betraying me. Interesting, yes, emotions.
The grit on the lens, the fly in the ointment.
我一直都冷眼旁观,不动感情,可你瞧,我的身体背叛了我,有意思,是啊,动感情了。白璧微瑕,美中不足。
J: Yeah, all right, Spock, just... take it easy. You've been pretty wired lately, you know you have. I think you've just gone out there and Got yourself a bit worked up.
好吧,Spock,放松点,你最近一直都很兴奋 这你知道我觉得你刚刚走的这趟把自己搞得有点激动了
S: worked up?
激动
J: It was dark and scary.
刚刚又黑又吓人
S: Me? There's nothing wrong with me.
我吗 我什么事都没有
J: Sherlock...Sherl...
S: There is nothing wrong with me! Do you understand!?
我什么事都没有 懂吗
You want me to prove it, yes?
你要让我证明吗
We're looking for a dog, yes? A great big dog,
我们要找的是条狗 巨大的狗
that's your brilliant theory. Cherchez le chien!
你的天才论断 是在找狗[法语]
Good! Excellent! Yes.
很好 非常棒
Where shall we start? How about them?
那我们从何开始 从他们如何
The sentimental widow and her son, the unemployed fisherman.
伤心的寡妇 和她失业的渔夫儿子
The answer's yes.
答案是她有狗
J: Yes?
有吗?
S: She's got a West Highland Terrier called Whisky, not exactly what we're looking for!
她养了条西部高原小猎犬 ,名叫威士忌,但不是我们要找的目标。
J: For God's sake!
拜托
S: Look at his jumper, hardly worn. Clearly he's uncomfortable. Could be the material or the hideous pattern, suggests it's a present, probably Christmas. He wants into his mother's good books. Why? Probably money. He's treating her to a meal, but his own portion is small. He wants to impress her, but he's trying to economise on his own food.
看他的毛衣 几乎全新,显然穿着很不自在,可能是因为材质或图案太丑,毛衣应该是别人送的,多半是圣诞礼物,他想讨母亲欢心 为什么 多半是为钱,他请母亲来吃饭,自己那份点的却很少,是想感动她,却在自己那份上省钱。
J: Maybe he's not hungry.
或许他不饿吧
S: No, small plate, starter. He's practically licked it clean. She's nearly finished her pavlova. If she'd treated him, he'd have had as much as he wanted. He's hungry and not well-off, you can tell by his cuffs and shoes. Only a mother would give him a Christmas present like that. It could be an aunt or older sister, but mother's more likely. He was a fisherman,t he scarring on his hands is distinctive, fish hooks. They're old, suggesting long-term unemployment. Not much industry here, so he's turned to his widowed mother for help.
不 小盘前菜 他连盆子都快舔干净了,而她连蛋白水果甜饼都没吃完,若是她请客 他完全可以放开了吃,他手头没钱 饥寒交迫,你可以看他的袖口和鞋,只有母亲会送他那样的圣诞礼物,当然也可能是姑姑或长姐 但母亲最有可能。他曾是渔夫,手上的疤痕很独特 是鱼钩造成,伤疤是很久前的了 说明失业已久,这里工业并不发达 所以他才找自己的寡母求助。
Widowed? Yes, obviously. She's got a man's wedding ring on a chain around her neck, clearly her late husband's and too big for her finger. She's well-dressed, but her jewellery is cheap. She could afford better, but she's kept it, sentimental. The dog? There are tiny hairs on her leg but none above the knees, suggesting it's a small dog, probably a terrier. It is a West Highland Terrier called Whisky.
是寡母吗 当然 明摆着,她项链里挂了个男戒,明显是她丈夫的 她自己戴太大了,她衣着精致 但首饰都是便宜货,她可以戴更好的 但一直留作纪念 多愁善感,我怎么知道她养狗 她腿上有小细毛 但都不超过膝盖,说明是条小狗 估计是小猎犬,是条名叫威士忌的西部高原小猎犬。
''How do you know that, Sherlock? ''She was on the same train as us and I heard her call its name. That's not cheating, that's listening. I use my senses, unlike some people, so you see, I am fine. In fact, I've never been better, so just leave me alone!
Sherlock 你怎么会知道!她跟我们同一辆火车过来,我有听到她喊 那不是作弊 而是善于倾听,我会利用自己的感官 不像某些人 所以我很好。而且是好得不能再好 所以别吵我了
J: Yeah, OK. Ok.
好吧 好
Why would you listen to me?
你干嘛要听我的话
I'm just your friend.
我只是你朋友
S: I don't have friends.
我没有朋友
J: No.
没有吗
I wonder why.
怪不得没有