【句子】All right, that’s it. I’m gonna handle this once and for all. 【Desperate Housewives S1E20】
【发音】/ɔːl/ /ɑːl/ /raɪt/ /ðæts/ /ɪt/ /aɪm/ /ˈgə.nə/ /ˈgɑː.nə/ /ˈhæn.dl/ /ðɪs/ /wʌns/ /ənd/ /fə(r)/ /ɔːl/ /ɑːl/
【发音技巧】that’s it连读;once and连读;and for all不完全爆破+连读;
【翻译】好吧,我受够了!让我把这个问题一次性解决了。
【适用场合】
首先先来讲一下第一个表达:
That’s it!
这个短语在口语中一般来说有这样几个意思。
1. That is the end of that.
表明一个东西结束了。
比如说在发表完演讲,说完一段话,
可以说:
That’s it, everyone, thank you for listening.
今天就到此为止,谢谢各位的聆听。
2. I’ve had enough of that.
我受够了。
eg: That's it! I can't listen to you two fighting anymore. I'm getting out of here!
我受够了!我不能再听你俩吵架了,我要离开这!
3. That is the answer!
就是这个答案!
eg: That’s it! You are right!
是的,没错!你说得对!
eg: That’s it! You got the right answer.
是的,你找到正确答案了。
今天节目中我们来学***二个表达,叫做once and for all,
表示什么意思呢?
一劳永逸地;彻底地;一次性地;
If something happens once and for all, it happens completely or finally.
eg: We need to settle this once and for all.
我们需要一次彻底地解决这个问题。
近义表达
We have to resolve this matter once and for all.
eg: If we act fast, we can once and for all prevent wild animals from suffering terrible cruelty.
如果我们迅速行动,我们就可以一次性、彻底地让野生动物们不再遭受虐待。
【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】
Our intention is to destroy their offensive capability once and for all.