第二十一周 Applying Jobs 工作申请
Helen: Hey, Joe! What a surprise! What brings you here?
嘿,Joe! 真没想到!是什么风把你吹来了?
Joe: Yeah, Helen. How are you?是啊,海伦。你好吗?
Helen: I’m very well. And you?我很好。你呢?
Joe: Pretty good.非常好。
Helen: You know it’s time for me to find a job now.
你造的,我现在是时候该找工作了。
Joe: Huh, yeah! Have you got any offer?
哈,是的!你找到什么工作了吗?
Helen: Not yet. I went to a foreign trade company for an interview yesterday.
还没呢。我昨天去了一家外贸公司面试。
Joe:How about the result? 结果如何呢?
Helen:They didn’t give me the job.
他们没有给我工作(我没有被录用)。
Joe: Oh, no, unlucky girl. 哦,不会吧,不幸的女孩。
Helen: How about you, Joe? 乔,你呢?
Joe: Oh, yes. 哦,是哒。
I teach English in Haikou California International Language School.
我在海口加州国际外语学校教英语。
Helen: Wow, you are so lucky. However, it’s a tough time for me.
哇,你运气好好哦!然而,这对我来说是个艰难的时间。
Joe: Don’t worry! Cheer up! Everything will be OK.
别担心!振作起来吧!一切都会好的!
What do you want to do, though? 那你想做什么呢?
Helen:A journalist, maybe.
Because Hainan Broadcasting TV Station accepts me to work there.
可能当一名记者吧。因为海南广播电视台接受我在里面工作。
But I’m still thinking about it. 但我还在考虑当中。
Joe: Oh, come on! It is a wonderful job. Go for it!
哦,别想了,那是一份很好的工作,珍惜吧!
Helen: But it’s a little bit far away from my home.
但是那儿距离我住的地方有点远耶。
I live around Hainan Normal University. 我住在海南师范大学附近。
Joe: I don’t think so. It’s not that far. 我不这么认为,并没那么远。
Dear, you can ride an E-bike there.亲,你可以骑电动车去那儿的。
Helen: Oh, yeah, it’s true. I will take this job. Thanks for your advice.
哦,是耶,对!那我就接受这份工作啦。谢谢你的建议!
Joe: My pleasure. We are good friends.And I think you will be an excellent journalist.
不客气,我们是好朋友。我相信你会成为一名优秀的记者的。
Helen: Yeah! I won’t let you down. 嗯嗯,我不会让你失望的。
Joe: Let’s fight for our dream! 让我们为梦想奋斗吧!
Helen: Yes, come on! 嗯嗯,一起加油!