S: Did you get anywhere with that Morse code? U, M, Q, R, A, wasn't it? Umqra.
那摩斯电码有头绪了吗,U M Q R A 是这样吗 安克拉
J: Nothing. Look, forget it. I thought I was onto something, I wasn't.
没什么,算了吧,我以为自己发现了什么,其实不是。
S: Sure?
确定吗 -确定
J: yeah
确定
S: How about Louise Mortimer, Did You Get anywhere with her?
Louise Mortimer那边呢 有什么发现吗?
J: NO
没有
S: Too bad. But did you get any information?
太糟糕了 但你这边有什么消息吗
J: You're being funny now?
你现在幽默多了
S: Thought it might break the ice, a bit.
说不定能打破点僵局呢
J: Funny doesn't suit you. Let's stick to ice.
幽默不适合你 还是冷一点好
S: John...
J: It's fine.
我没事
S: Wait, what happened last night...
等等 昨晚的事...
something happened to me something I've not experienced before.
是因为我有了前所未有的感觉
J: Yes, you said. Fear, Sherlock Holmes got scared, you said.
你说了 你害怕了 Sherlock Holmes害怕了
S: It was more than that, John. It was doubt.
不仅如此 John 是我开始怀疑了
I felt doubt. I've always been able to trust my senses, the evidence of my own eyes, until last night.
我感觉到怀疑,我一直能相信自己的感觉,相信眼见为实的证据 直到昨晚。
J: You can't actually believe that you saw some kind of monster?
你不能相信自己看到了某种怪物
S: No, I can't believe that.
是 我不相信
But I did see it, so the question is, how? How?
但我确实看到了 所以问题是 怎么会看到
J: Yes.
是啊
Yeah, right, good.
很好
So you've got something to go on, then. Good luck with that.
这么说你有头绪了 祝好运
S: Listen, what I said before, John, I meant it.
John 我之前说的话 是真心的
I don't have friends. I've just got one.
我没有朋友,身边就只有你。
J: Right.
好吧
S: John.
John! You are amazing! You are fantastic!
John! 你简直太神奇太了不起了
J: Yes, all right, you don't have to overdo it.
我知道了 你不用这么夸张
S: You may not be the most luminous of people, but as a conductor of light, you are unbeatable.
你或许不是发光的人 但你是传递光的人 无与伦比
J: Cheers. What?
多谢 什么
S: Some people who aren't geniuses have an amazing ability to stimulate it in others.
有些人不是天才,却有着激发天才的非凡能力
J: You were saying sorry a minute ago. Don't spoil it. So what have I done that's so bloody stimulating?
你刚不在道歉呢嘛 别这么快就扫兴好吗?我做什么了,这么能激发人?
J: Yeah?
什么
S: What if it's not a word, what if it is individual letters?
如果这不是一个词 而是单独的字母呢
J: You think it's an acronym?
你觉得这个是首字母缩写词吗
S: Absolutely no idea
完全没头绪。